Diamond Resorts International Reviews

Show reviews that mention
diamond diamond resorts resorts points resort vacation money sales timeshare people
Filter review

Trash

Update by user Nov 30, 2019

What did they do to help us? They turned their back and said," sorry, there's nothing we can do."We ended up spending another $1400 to upgrade into a 2 bedroom which was mediocre.

Nothing fancy. Not the end of the world. You can imagine how our timeshare presentation went afterwards:Take us to the 12th floor at a different resort down the road. Flawless amenities.

Of course. Never been so turned off in my life. Told them at this point, there is nothing they can do to earn our business. If that is how you treat your "sampler guests" we are not purchasing.

We did not buy the $23,000 package. Which equates to $47,000 when you pay over 10 years. Plus $2500 annual fees? Come on.

That's another $25,000 in that same 10 years. So you're paying $73,000 for 1 week of vacation each year? That's $7,300 for just your room! That's not including airfare, car, food.

Get out of here!We looked online at a vrbo that was half a mile down the road. For a 2 bedroom, very classy suite, right on the beach, it was $3400 for a week. Split that between 2 couples and you're only at $850 per person for a week.

And GUESS WHAT? NO CONTRACT!!!!

Original review posted by user Oct 31, 2019
They said every room had a full kitchen. We bought all of our food before we checked in thinking there was a fridge. Nope. Sure isn't. Just a leaking mini fridge. Also, we brought our good friends who we talked this timeshare thing up to, saying its so nice. Get to the room and it's 2 beds in the same room for 2 adult couples. Do you guys wanna take turns using the room? Not so much. Tried talking to customer support. They wont do anything to help you. Said you got what you booked. So now we are stuck here in a romantic part of thr world and can't even romance my *** woman. I have been deceived. I feel like they don't give two *** about customer satisfaction. Offered to use the rest of my points to upgrade. oh sorry, its $200 a night to upgrade. Lol! What in the actual *** is the point of buying a god damn timeshare if your worthless *** points don't buy you anything!???? *** you diamond resorts. Do not buy a timeshare. Just book your vacation with your hard earned cash

Sorry to hear but not unexpected. Quite often you can rent the Diamond Resorts rooms through Priceline and the US Military MWR services for very reasonable rates.

That not only beats the annual ripoff fees, but also your major initial "investment". For those who take the bait and buy, the same enticement to get you to buy is out there by others to get your $$$$ and promise to get you out of your timeshare contracts. So now a double whammy for you.

It is a bottomless pit. I was told by one sales person that my heirs MUST take over the timeshare or Diamond will ruin their credit--even though the timeshare is paid.

Diamond Resorts should be ran out of business. I called the state's attorney office in N.C.

I'm in the process of sending a full account of what those crooks are doing to me and my husband.

I am also in the process of talking to Wesley Group to try and cancel my contract with DRI. I just hoped I don't get scammed again.

View more comments (1)
Product
Diamond Resorts International Room
Pros
  • Great vacation location
Cons
  • Misleading the consumer
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Never Buy a Timeshare

I am prevented from saying more due to a non-disclosure agreement.
Salinas, California
Diamond Resorts International Timeshare Selling
Poor customer service

LYING SCAM ARTISTS! Stay away from this company at all costs!

Diamond Resorts International - LYING SCAM ARTISTS! Stay away from this company at all costs!
I first met Ryan Capatosto. He told me if I go to the time share presentation, I would get a 7 night/8 day cruise in the mediterranean. I was skeptical. I texted with him asking him multiple questions about it. I asked if there were extra fees... He then put in WRITING that I was going to get this cruise. He also texted me and assured me there would be NO EXTRA costs or fees. He promised with out a doubt I would get a FREE cruise. He sent me multiple texts confirming this. He also sent me texts confirming there is NO other FEES or port charges no matter what. I went to the time share presentation on September 28th, 2019. After the presentation I went to collect my 7 night cruise and the lady looked at me and said they don't do that. Of course you can imagine my anger. I contacted Ryan and he kept giving me the run around. The lady had given me his managers name and number to contact. So i contacted Justin Poole, his manager. He acted "shocked" that Ryan lied to me about the cruise. So he apparently got Ryan in trouble and to the managers office for misleading me... Anyhow, Justin said he would help me. He said they don't have a cruise in greece but they have 7 nights in Greece that he will get me on at a resort and he will take care of ALL costs and fees for my trouble. I thought "ok great". WRONG. He is also a manipulating liar. He sent me emails of all the GREECE options of their resorts and he told me to pick a location! This is showing absolute INTENT on his behalf to get me this 7 night stay at the resort in Greece. I kept asking him to help me book it.. i thought he was being genuine. He then started to ignore my texts when I wanted to book it. So I finally sent him an urgent text to help me. He said he can't help me anymore and to contact HIS boss who will help me, he also offered me $150 gift card for the fees and ANY other fees incurred by the hotel. He said I have to call his manager and president of company Jake Haller and he will help me going forward. HE said he told jake all about the situation. So I contacted Jake and told him what happened, and HE acted clueless! What a joke! He said he can't help me and to contact justin the manager. It was back and forth like this for an hour, both of them telling me to contact the other person.. Are they serious? It is almost like they plan it this way to make you so annoyed that you give up. I contacted justin again, and told him to help me resolve this, since his boss was ignoring me.. and you guessed it, now justin completely IGNORES me. They are so unprofessional. I have never seen such lies, manipulation and unprofessionalism. And the games they play with me "acting" like they care and want to help me. But no, they couldn't care less to help me. They don't want to help anyone but themselves. They promised me a trip IN WRITING on a contract and NOW are going back on their word. They keep bouncing me around with NO resolution. It is one promise, one lie after another and I am sick of it. I want them to Finish the job - bc the services that were agreed upon were not completed. I want my 7 nights free of charge in GREECE as promised. I also want these people out of business for ripping innocent people off. I want my 7 nights free of charge in GREECE as promised at one of their greek island resorts. I want the $150 card with credit justin promised me to cover the initial fees and I want the additional fees paid for at the resort of my choice. I showed justin in an email one of the resorts has additional resort fees and he agreed to get me reimbursed. I want them to Finish the job - bc the services that were agreed upon were not completed as promised.
ID
Cons
  • Everything is wrong with them run away do not trust them
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Lying

Horrible costumer care. I attended one of their sales presentation and receive a free gift for another stay that does not state on the reward that there was another presentation required and was also told over the phone multiple times and by the sales person that this was not required. When I called to schedule this stay, they said I was given old literature and that the terms have change and require another presentation. I even have recorded message that does not state this as a requirement and they refuse to stand by their
Atlanta, Georgia

Ripoff City

Same as all the others. Bought into a company that DRI bought out later. Got a simple phone call and *** things were going to change for me to allow more travel so stayed with it. Change didn't happen; now retired and on limited income I want OUT. Impossible. Even told them (truthfully) about a potential $750,000 in medical bills in 2017 and that wasn't enough reason for them to let me off. Cold, cold, cold. DO NOT JOIN.
Diamond Resorts International Vacation Ownership
Cons
  • Bad customer service
  • Inescapable contract
  • Dishonest sales tactics
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
$20000
Preferred solution
Let me out of the contract as is.

DRI scammed us into a 10 year contract.

Update by user Oct 08, 2019

Now our 10 year contract is pretty much useless, we can't travel anywhere we want, we can't go on cruises, unless we upgrade for 100 dollars a month to the silver package. We have not use any of those worthless points, because we can't go anywhere we want to, without having to upgrade to the next level.

By now we are pretty much aware they are scamming us. Every single time we tried to ask them why they are charging us extra money, the salesperson would leave the room from 30 minutes to about 45 minutes, and some new salesperson would appear trying to get us to pay more money a month. 4 hours later, when they figured we were not falling for this new scam, we were allowed to leave.

But get this, we don't get anything for being held captive for about 5 hours. I would like to join anybody that is going to help stop this scamming company from fleecing the American Public.

Update by user Oct 08, 2019

We contacted DRI again to schedule a trip. My husband wanted to use the points to go to London.

They tell him to pick a destination, so they can explain what we needed to do, to accomplish this. Plus my husband wanted to ask them why they were charging us an extra fee of 35 dollars, we knew nothing about. They assured him that all would be explained, if we came to Virginia Beach Virginia. We was under the impression of us going to find out why we are being charged extra money, that we don't have a clue as to why we have to pay extra.

We get to Virginia Beach, and have to sit through another presentation. By the way, I constantly asked the salesperson if we had to sit through anymore presentations before we signed that 10 year contract, and again I was lied to.

She said I and my husband would never have to sit through anymore presentations, because now we are DRI members. The first thing the salesperson said, we cannot travel out of the United States, because we are now considered Standard package.

Update by user Oct 08, 2019

The salesman assured us we would never have to sit through anymore presentations. When my husband and I contacted Diamond Resorts to schedule a trip, the 1st thing we are told, we have to sit through a presentation.

When I told her I was assured I would never have to sit through a presentation, she said she didn't know what I was talking about. We go to Williamsburg Virginia, because that was only one of three destinations, that was available at the time we wanted to take a trip. That's is not what we were promised from buying that sampler. We had to sit through another presentation, and was told that the sampler was pretty much useless for what we wanted to do.

They told us we are not considered as DRI members, and we had to upgrade to the next package to get anything close to what we wanted to use points for a decent vacation.

The next upgrade is a 10 year contract, we could transferred out sampler points as a down payment for the next upgrade. We agreed and got suckered into a 10 year contract.

Original review posted by user Oct 08, 2019
We went to Las Vegas 4 day 3 night trip sponsored by DRI. In order to fulfil this obligation, you are required to sit through a presentation of all their vacation resorts. After we sat through the presentation, we told the saleswoman we are not interested in purchase any vacation package they had to offer. Well they don't take no for an answer, we were diligent, we are not buying anything. Well when they promised to let us go, they send in one last high powered salesman pretending we were on our way out, we just had to sign a few papers to received our gifts that were promised to us, if we sat through the presentation. While we sitting there ready to leave, he gives it one more try. He tells us about we could purchase a 2 year sampler package, that we can use to go on cruises and other vacation resorts in the United States. He told us after the 2 years was up, we can return and decide if we wanted to continue or we could walk away with no questions asked. I told him and my husband asked is this true, and we walk away contract over. He assured us that was true. I also told him I did not want to sit through anymore presentations, or I would not sign anything. He assured me an my husband we would never have to sit through anymore presentations.

We all need to form a collective lawsuit against these rip off con artists! So many unsuspecting individuals have been swindled out of thousand s of dollars by these crooks!!

Time to take action! Even if it takes years, ..it's worth shutting them down and gutting their greedy disgusting enterprise at the expense of honest people!!

Reason of review
Upgrading packages so they can run your bill up/
$20000
Preferred solution
I want out of this 10 year contract they scammed us in.

Fraud alert!

I wrote this on the Better Business Bureau website (9/17/19), and it lead to nothing. I'm posting this here so that others see this and realize that Diamond Resorts is a glorified scam designed to take money from retired people and innocent families who want to travel. While staying at the Royal Lahaina Resort, we were interested in doing the Mount Haleakala bike tour. This resort has a travel concierge and another person (who is working for Diamond Resorts) with them. We were told that the bike tour typically costs close to $400 for 2 people; we had a $50 voucher that would bring the price down to $350. We were told that if we went to a 2-hour time share presentation, the bike tour would only cost us $70. We were also told that we would get this discount right away but we would be charged $20; we would get refunded $20 after we completed the 2-hr time share presentation. We saw the charge for $70 and $20 come through on our account. During the presentation, we were continually hassled to buy things for the entire 2 hours, and we told them no. The last sales person we dealt with was the most belittling, dishonest, manipulative, and horrid human being we dealt with during our stay in Hawaii. We had our time hijacked for 2 hours only to find out that in the end, while we did get the $20 refunded, we got charged full price minus the $50 voucher for everything, ON TOP of the $70 they charged us in the beginning. They lied to us, and this is FRAUD; it is unacceptable. UPDATE (10/6/19): We received a vague voicemail message stating that we would get something in the mail from Diamond Resorts. About a week later, we received a letter in the mail saying they couldn't reach us, and they supplied us with an email address to contact them. I emailed them at the requested email address, and I have received NOTHING in return. If this complaint or any of the other complaints make it clear, DO NOT do business with Diamond Resorts! They have now LIED to us multiple times. We are DONE with this nonsense and this fraudulent behavior.

I'm in the same position with this company, I will file a complain with the Florida General State Attorney. the Arizona State Attorney file a sue against Diamond Resort and won the case.

The monetary loss above is a typo; in the end, they owe us $400. I cannot believe we wasted so much time and money on something during our honeymoon.

View more comments (1)
ID
Cons
  • Fraud
  • Theft
  • Dishonesty
Theft
Full refund

Roped into a 10 year contract, that we cannot afford.

Update by user Nov 06, 2019

I have contacted Wesley Financial Group to check into canceling our timeshare, or as they call it vacation package with Diamond Resorts International. My husband and I have talked to representatives of the WFG.

I've been checking online to see what type of reviews are on them.

So far I've not seen any negative reviews. Here's hoping we don't get scammed again.

Original review posted by user Oct 04, 2019
I want to join any group that will sue diamond resorts. They have scammed us into a 10 year contract, that is worthless. We were promised a 4day 3night vacation to Las Vegas, NV. We were roped into buying a vacation sampler. Told we could get out of it when 2 years was up. When we tried to use, it we were told we needed to buy into a 10 year member package, just to get what we were promised in the sampler. I was lied to about having to sit through presentations, Now our points are not real points, and we need to upgrade to silver will only cost us 100 dollars more a month.
Durham, North Carolina
Diamond Resorts International Ocean Beach Club Resort Vacation Ownership
Not as described/ advertised

Slimebags!

It was our first time attending a time share presentation. We had no idea what we were getting into; however, while visiting Sedona, AZ, we were sucked in with freebees and promotional "gifts". Although the gifts got us in, we were actually "open" to hearing what they had to offer. We sat with a very nice man by the name of Chris. He explained their program and took us on a tour. When we returned from the tour, it was now time for the "mystery number(s)". Along came a slimy little man who explained we could buy in at $38,000 with $8000 down and financing at 16.9% on the balance. He offered additional incentives for us to sign up immediately. Once we told him we would not be making a decision right then, the charm and manners were OUT THE DOOR! He was rude, abrasive, and condescending. He got up and left and then another slime-ball came to the table. The new guys was a heavy-set guy who was somewhat young and proceeded to brag about "all the money he made". At this point, we were irritated and insulted by the previous gentleman and knew there was NO WAY we would be doing business with this company. The heavy guy realized he wasn't getting anywhere and got up and left. We then had two more individuals sit down with us (all with different approaches). We couldn't leave fast enough! They told us it would take 90 minutes, but it took 3 hours. It's an awful, high pressure situation. The experience left us frustrated and exhausted. The free gifts are not worth the torture of going through the process and any affiliation with a company like Diamond Resorts is not happening!!! NEVER AGAIN!

You are so lucky to be able to resist the "slime-balls". I have been yelled at, called names, their fists beat on the desktops, and even gave them my driver's license so they could copy and I could get my gift, and then they refused to return the license.

I started to call the police and scared the person and she ran to get more sales slim-balls to pressure. I finally got my license back with actually talking to the police on the phone in front of them.

Mystic Dunes in Orlando!!! Worst "slime-balls" I have ever encountered at any resort.

Chandler, Arizona
Diamond Resorts International Tour

Discrimination

I found out that diamond resorts does discriminate people by looks.
Diamond Resorts International Customer Care
Cons
  • Discrimination
Poor customer service

I've been Lied to and ripped off by the best of them

My sister and I had a 4 day, 3 night prepaid stay in Las Vegas Nevada that I had a year to take. I received a call from a Diamond Resort employee asking about when I was planning to take this " Mini Vacation"? Through some discussion it was discovered that I didn't qualify for the package after all due to some glitch in the paperwork? With my financial income answers? And it's all recorded, and I can't change my answers now. Blah, blah, blah. So I had a couple of options and one was a refund of the $149.00 that was put down on the trip. I said just give me my money back. I thought no problem, right. Well, time goes by and no refund. So I call the guy Jonathon at his extension and his voicemail says he's at home. I keep calling and leaving messages. On August 12th I finally get someone in the Customer Service Dept. in Las Vegas and she tells me she is submitting a form for me and I should be hearing from someone in 7 to 10 days. That's by the 21st to the 26th of August. On 8-19-19, I get a message on my phone after work from a Kristina H., Senior Specialist with Diamond Resorts International at the Corporate office in Las Vegas Nevada stating that she'd been trying to reach me regarding my "issue" with my Mini Vacation package. And if I didn't contact her by the close of the business day she was closing this "issue". She left her number and extension. I tried calling her but her voicemail said she was at home. So I emailed her telling her that no one had been in contact with me from the 12th to that morning when I received her messages. I stated that we were not closing this issue until I have received my refund of $149.00 in full. I explained that I had in fact called her and she was not available (at home) and we were not closing anything until we talked. I asked if I made myself clear? I got no response so the next day I called after work every 30 minutes for about 2 1/2 hours but she was at home again. I emailed her again and left my phone number and asked her to call me so we could clear this up. Again no response. Then on 8-29-19 as I'm driving in Topeka KS. I get a call from yet another Diamond Resort person who is going to help me but I can't talk as I'm heading to an appointment and there's traffic and it's not a good time so I ask if they will call back. She says someone will contact me in about 10 days. Nothing so far. All I want is my money back.
Diamond Resorts International Customer Care
Cons
  • Misleading information about the points
  • No cancelation

RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN

I bought points and at that time I was asked if I had other time shares and I said yes and they added them to my account and now I no longer own them and they refuse to remove them from account. I did not know they were added to my account until I went to another meeting. I have been fighting to get them off my account but they wont remove them. I would not advise anyone to go a meeting with them, not worth the 6-8 hours you are stuck there with their high pressure and lies. RUN RUN RUN
Pricing issue
Preferred solution
Take my other timeshares off my account

RUN AWAY!!!!!!!!

Home to the biggest Vacation Timeshare scam in history. Diamond Resorts will bully you into an inescapable contract, selling you worthless points that are useless in planning your vacation. It will be the single handed worst financial move of your life to sit down with them or buy anything from them. They do not care about you, Once they get your money, you will be left with nothing but huge payments, and no available place to vacation. They will take as much money from you as possible and give you nothing in return. RUN!
Southwest Orange, Florida
Damaged or defective

Better sales rep

I am a retired single man and owner of two diamond deeded paid in full timeshare for 25 years. I wanted to know about the points system. I went to their presentation and the sales person tried to convent my timeshare for points for $15000 with 19.9 interest rate. I said that is too much, and can not afford this, The sales person said " why don't you get a job and pay for this. This was a insult to me, he did not listen that I am retired. All he care about is making a sale. The company need to train more respectfull sales rep.
Diamond Resorts International Sales Representative
bad sales rep
We went on vacation in green springs resort in Williamsburg Virginia and last Saturday 8/10/19 my wife and I were invited to attend presentation to show us how we can save on our maintenance fees and other fees since diamond resort was bought by apollo company and I...
Daly City, California