2.2
Cleanliness
Facilities and Services
Quality of Accommodation
Quality of Food

We were defrauded by Diamond Resorts for $15,500 in 2016. What happened is that their salesperson made representations to us which were not in the written contract we signed.

We found out later that virtually nothing he represented to us at the sales presentation in order to induce us to buy was true. Details follow. We only went to the presentation to receive the attendance reward. After a few hours of the listening to the usual spiel trying to get us to buy more anyway even though it made no sense for us who wanted to "sell" what we already owned (for zero, which I have always known as the industry standard practice) what they already owned, we made our position clear and started to leave.

At this point our salesman offered us this "great new deal" Diamond could offer members who bought more points to become 'silver' members. The deal was that if we became silver members, after three years we wiuld have the option to sell all our points back to diamond for $108,000. He also put this phoney deal in writing (which I have). I was extremely skeptical because aimhad never heard of a timeshare buying back points.

However, after he repeated this 'new deal' for about 5 times we finally decided that he couldn't possibly be flat out lying to our face, and if he was a reputable company would rescind the contract, we signed. When we later found out that the deal he had offered us was totally fraudulent, we asked Diamond (repeatedly, orally and in writing) to rescind the contract because we had been defrauded. Their response...."it doesn't matter" what the salesman told us or even wrote down. The only thing they care about is that we signed their written contract.

So they don't stand behind whatever the salespeople are claiming. Basiclally, we were told over again that "well, you signed the contract", even though the only reason we signed was because of what their salesperson told us which turned out to be a fairy tale. We are talking about major phoney representations, not minor. Obviously when salespeople know that when their company doesn't care if they make up a pack of lies to elicit a sale, if they are unethical they will say anything to get a commission.

These people are totally unethical if not criminal. We want our money back! By the way Diamond.

Don't reply and tell me your inhospitality dept followed your procedures fully and you're so sorry I don't like being screwed. Yes, problem is the you DID follow your procedures, one of which is to condone fraud by your salespeople.

Review about: Diamond Resorts International Vacation Ownership.

Reason of review: Not as described.

I liked: Little.

I didn't like: Salesman, Beeing not honest.

Comments