739 views
1.4

Update by user Jun 27, 2019

Now the harassment begins. If you are looking to travel, just use Travelocity, a Travel Agent or look up Bed and Breakfast places.

You are better off than dealing with these Scam artists.

Their agents lie with no accountability from the company. #scam #lies

Original review posted by user Jun 14, 2019

I have had this company since 2007 while married and after divorce got stuck with it, even though it was paid off. Never was able to use it and still paid maintenance fees.

When we purchased this timeshare, the maintenance fees were $524 per year now they are in the $2500 range. I tried to cancel and relinquish my ties with them, but they said I had to sell it or give it to a family member. I would never strap someone I love with this.

Then I received a call that they were running a special for current TS owners, so I put down a deposit of $2400+ and converted to a point system, where the representative said there would not be ANY maintenance fees, just one fee monthly and you can use points and cancel your timeshare anytime. Well, after dealing with a serious family situation (involving loans and the like), I continued to pay the monthly fee until after one year the maintenance fees came in $2400+ on top of my monthly $241.

I was astonished, there was no way to pay it and maintain my home.

Then I started receiving harassment calls, where one rep said they could reverse it back to the original contract (pre-point system) and another told me I could cancel after paying the whole loan and maintenance fees, so basically just give them all the money not use anything and close.

I finally reached a representative who gave viable information and that was, to send them supporting documents of my hardship (which I did via registered mail) and explain that this was not what I signed up for. Seeing how I did not use any of TS and my conversation with the original representative who told me there would not be maintenance fees. Otherwise I would not have put myself into more debt with them.

So, I finally received a call from their Hospitality Department and they did nothing but try to offer a payment plan or review my income and all of my debt. Then to only recite the contract and point out there are maintenance fees for points in the contract, regardless of the tactics their representative used to get a sale.

So basically it's like buying another timeshare @15,000k and the one I had did not convert into anything.

So now I don't know what to do. It was the worse decision I have ever made in my life. At this point it is not feasible to have a TS when you can get an all inclusive vacation for half the price of these maintenance fees.

I write this to inform and warn anyone interested in getting a Diamond Resort timeshare or any other timeshare company without knowing about all the other things that go along with it. It is disheartening that there are companies out there like that.

This company Started as Westgate, then Mystic Dunes and now Diamond Resorts. The maintenance fees will continue to grow to cover their shorts.

I am sure not all TS companies are like this, I just so happened to find one that is. They are there to make money and I am more mad at myself for trying so hard to make it work.

Product or Service Mentioned: Diamond Resorts International Vacation Ownership.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Preferred solution: Close the account with no penalty or refund.

Diamond Resorts International Pros: Great vacation location.

Diamond Resorts International Cons: Not being able to get rid of the property.

Location: 8309 Lake Bryan Beach Blvd, Orlando, FL 32821

Comments

#2021189

What happen with the consumer right ?should exist any law for all those who take advantage with all high maintenance fees, should be any way to stop them to keep doing this they been doing this for many years only one thing I can see another one also taking advantage offering to give away your timeshare . This is more serious than you think there lot of people with same situation this matter should be taken more serious bring this to a level with solution from our governor.

#1976433

Me too. Buying this timeshare is the biggest mistake of my life.

They do not care about covid and will not work with you related to hardships.

I told my children and all my friends. Do not buy a timeshare from Diamond resorts all the sales reps do is lie to you.

Diamond Resorts International Reviews